What is Ozone Therapy?
At Renuvia Medical Spa in New Port Richey, FL, Dr. Arthur Schlyer is happy to offer ozone therapy to his patients. Ozone therapy is a unique integrative treatment that increases the amount of oxygen within the body by administering ozone. Ozone is a form of oxygen that is composed of three oxygen atoms. The third oxygen atom gives ozone its remarkable medical properties by making it a "supercharged" oxygen atom. During an ozone therapy treatment, your blood is drawn, infused with ozone, and injected back into your vein. This process is known as autohemotherapy. Ozone therapy might help heal and detoxify while also suppressing infection and boosting the immune system.
Ozone Therapy may provide many powerful and healing benefits with low risk of serious side effects. It can help individuals who want to:
- Suppress infections by killing viruses, bacteria, and yeast, especially those hard-to-treat, resistant pathogens that can be found in chronic conditions, such as Lyme disease
- Improve blood circulation
- Boost immunity
- Increase the uptake of oxygen by stimulating the enzyme DPG (diphosphoglycerate), which helps the cells receive all the oxygen they need to function properly. This aids in killing resistant anaerobic infections and provides the cells in the area with the extra oxygen needed to heal.
- Stimulate the mitochondria, which increases the cells’ energy so that the body stays healthy
- Enhance the body’s ability to produce antioxidants
Our Ozone Therapy Technique
Dr. Schlyer carefully and safely performs Ozone Therapy treatments in sterile, private treatment rooms. Autohemotherapy is one of the most common and effective ways to conduct Ozone Therapy. This process involves drawing 6 – 12 ounces of blood, which we then place in a sterilized container and gently mix it with ozone. This allows the red and white blood cells to absorb the ozone. We then return the ozonated blood to your body through an IV. The entire process often takes less than one hour.
What to Expect?
Because of the detoxifying nature of this procedure, you may temporarily experience symptoms that feel flu-like. This type of reaction is called herxheimer and is a very normal response to a full-body detox. However, these symptoms will subside after a couple of days. Once your body has detoxed, you'll start to experience the full effects, including increased energy, enhanced complexion, and improved sleeping habits. It may also help with a variety of medical conditions. During your consultation, we'll discuss your medical history, concerns, and treatment options.
Boost Your Health
At Renuvia Medical Center in New Port Richey, FL, Dr. Schlyer has years of experience performing innovative Ozone Therapy. From boosting your immune system to providing you with more energy, Ozone Therapy is a detoxifying treatment that might help you feel better. Using Ozone Therapy treatments may help patients with a number of medical conditions or those who just want to improve their overall health. We encourage you to contact us to learn more about Ozone Therapy.